Thursday 10 November 2011

UpDaTeS

It is going on a month since I last posted.. eek! There were many times in the past few weeks that I wanted to write, but my computer has been messed up. I got it back in the mail yesterday and of course now, I don't know what I was going to write about! :) We have had three visitors since I last wrote. Cousin Bubba came and we spent a while with him. He and Nate were able to get out and about for three days.. taking Noah with on two of those days. We had a great time. Just a great man, easy to get along with, chat with, AND best of all- you don't have to entertain. HE had set up a California Family Get Together while he was here- that was fun.. We met family near us that we had never met before. Matter of fact, Nate's mom had not seem them since the late 60s. Mother in law came in as well. She brought one of the nephews with her. I was truly sad to see her go. It went so fast. We had a great time. She was easy to entertain as well. I have loads of pictures of Noah and his cousin on my facebook! All in all, the visits were amazing and all too fast.

The Sunday before mother in law left, Noah got sick.. we didn't take him in that day.. he was fine that night and the next day. Then it started when he woke up from his nap on Tuesday. I was more concerned because of how he was gasping for air..so we took him to Urgent Care. All tests came by negative, thank God. We went to see his DR yesterday and she seems to think it is some kind of stomach virus. Poor baby! This moma was a wreck.. thinking the worst possible things! This is the first real time he has been sick and I was scared out of my mind.. praying, praying, praying.



So now we wait. Wait for what? The week of Thanksgiving my sister and her husband are coming!! YAY! I am so excited. It is going to be sad not to have mom here with us.. but it is going to make us feel like real adults, cooking our own Thanksgiving meal together. I hope we live closer one day!

December 3 is quickly approaching and I am not ready for it. Strangely I have been invited to two different things on that day. How do you say no- I dont do anything on December 3? The Worst Date of My Life! I plan to hole up in my house, with my boy.. and if I want to cry- I am going to cry. If I want to look at pictures, I will. If I want to hear his voice, I will listen to those last voicemails he sent me... if I want to relive that terrible day 2 years ago, I will go and reread all of my blogs from then. I am going to do what I want to do... and think of my big brother the whole time.

So much of Noah makes me think of Shane. Might be odd, but it is true. Noah is my light when my heart hurts so bad... from losing Shane, losing friends, being lonely, anything random. Our lives change so much. I never thought I would have to live my life without my brother... I never thought I would have to find another best friend... I never thought I would be so happy being a mommy .. and I certainly never thought I would be so content and happy staying home!

I try to remember to thank the Lord for all of my blessing when I get down and out! I have so much to be thankful for- I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looney Tunes ClickN READ Phonics