Sunday 13 February 2011

Being a Wife and Mommy

Being a wife has been one of the best things in my life... being a wife to Nate.. makes it all the better. We are so much alike.. and yet so very different. We absolutely fit. It is hard to believe that we have been "together" for 11 years and in May we will have been married for 8. This man has made me the happiest woman alive. I wasn't one of those girls that dreamed of a fairy tale wedding or life.... and I think that is great... because I don't have those expectations. I have changed a lot since Nate and I married.. we both have. We have found our happy place- in the middle -- and well it totally works for us. We spent seven years together, married, without a kiddo. 7 years.. and yet, now.. it is so hard to even remember a time without Noah. Next month Noah will be 1. Are you serious? When people say that time flies- they are not lying. This little boy has come into our life.. and has really brought so much into it. Who would have ever known that a child could add so much 'flavor' to a marriage? It is so exciting to wake up everyday and have this little dude to take care of. I never thought that I would love being a mommy so much.. but I love it as much as I have loved being a wife! I was born for this- to be a wife and Mommy.. and the Lord new exactly WHO I was going to be a wife too and WHO I was going to be a mommy too. I am so very thankful for both of these men in my life.

We have about two more months before Nate comes home. Time really has flown... but it is hard. In a lot of ways this deployment has been much harder than the others... and in a lot of ways it has been so much easier. It is hard to watch Noah.. watch him grow and learn new things and know that Nater is missing out. It is hard knowing that Nate hurts being away from his little boy.. it is hard sometimes watching them skype... or Noah saying Dada... or when their only interaction is over a computer. But man, I am SO thankful that we have these things to help us through these times. It has not been near as hard being a 'single mom' as I thought. Maybe it is because I am who I am. I do what I do... and I like to think I am pretty strong. I don't let things get me down or burdened to often. It has been easier in a lot of ways because I do have this little guy that brings me such joy!

So tomorrow is Valentine's Day! A day of love that I am going to really enjoy.. who cares if Nate isn't here? It isn't about that. It is about LOVE. And holy cow- do I have LOVE in my LIFE!!!! :)

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. I love this post!! And I love the updated page with that adorable pic of Noah on it!!

    I haven't been on here much lately b/c my login was messing up last week! I thought I forgot my password but tried it again today and it worked!!

    ReplyDelete

Looney Tunes ClickN READ Phonics