Saturday 2 April 2011

30 Day Picture Challenge: Day 5

Favorite Memory



I have many favorite memories... but if I am thinking of a memory right now- it is something I always want to remember. I ALWAYS want to remember the day that I moved to Japan... the last day that I saw my big brother alive. Who would have thought how much would change for me in the three years that we lived in Japan. But a year and a half after I moved here, less than two weeks before we were heading home for my little sister's wedding, I received the WORST phone call of my life... All I remember hearing was..."Cassey.... Shane.." and I fell to the ground and broke down crying.

I hope to always remember that last day we spend at Kid's Station with my brother and his family. Shane was very sad that we were leaving... and he always told me I needed to come home. He was one to always give me a hard time. I remember being at the Longview Airport and just crying. My brother and his family gave me a card... they all signed... well he signed Addi's name.... I remember sitting there-- telling him that 3 years was not long at all.. And really it isn't... Because our time to move is almost here. Shane would be so happy to know that we WANT to come back to America. He would be so happy- and I guarantee he would visit us in California!

I always want to remember the big brother that took up for me.. Going to the school and punching a boy because he called me a B****. The big brother that was so rough with me- ALL MY LIFE! The big brother that would sit and talk with me on his swing as we got older.. The big brother that was always there for me... loved me unconditionally.. The big brother that would call me a MILLION times when he knew I was driving home... he was always so ready for me to come home... The big brother that was excited to be an uncle... but never was.

I love you Jeffery Shane Billingsley! YOU WILL ALWAYS be my big brother and you will always be Noah Jeffery Shaw's UNCLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looney Tunes ClickN READ Phonics