Sunday 21 August 2011

on my mind..

Most of my blogs consist of one of a few things... Japan and moving, Noah and Nate, My family, and.. SHANE! Today my post is a long time coming... but I just haven't had the umph to sit down and write it. Something that is so very different for me here in California, from anytime in my life, is the amount of homeless people. It breaks my heart. You go through my little town and on almost every corner, at every gas station, etc. Someone is standing there with a sign. It breaks me. I am not use to this. I wonder how many of the people are TRULY in need. I know it is not my place to judge.. but I wish I could see into their life when I look at them.. or perhaps I don't want too see the hurt and pain they go through. But I wish I knew which ones that I could help. Driving the other day, I saw a younger, fairly good looking guy holding a sign. I try to pretend like I don't see him but do catch a glimpse at his sign and it says "Why Lie? I want a beer!" Whereas many people will find that funny... it makes me SO sad. I am not sure if this guy truly, truly needs something.... I just don't know. There are some older people that I See that just destroy my little heart. I do wish that I could help them all.. but instead- I don't help any of them. Is this right? I live in the fear of one of them pulling a gun on me if I pull up or something- you NEVER KNOW in this world. I try and practice safety for me and my family.. but I wonder if pretending that I don't see them is the right thing to do.

Anyways, just something that I see on a regular basis now that I am in California... and it makes me SO sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looney Tunes ClickN READ Phonics