Monday 19 December 2011

Daddy's 1st Christmas

This is Daddy's first Christmas with Noah. Last year he left us for his deployment the day before Thanksgiving! I am excited to see Daddy and Noah together. Noah LOOOVES his daddy. I got Noah a couple of things.. but we had a couple of gift cards to shop with so I sent Daddy. Needless to say... his daddy brought him home two things that a 1 1/2 year old probably doesn't need... Wanna know??

A skateboard AND a drumset! Really, daddy? Haha.

How do you complain? Noah is going to LOOOVe every minute of both of those gifts. I am so excited to see him open gifts this year! Though he has already opened two 'toys' as he says... (which were actually daddy's)... I know he will get so excited. He loves Santa, hohoho... Snowmen, the LIIIIIGHTs, the trees, the songs. He loves it all. We love watching him and engaging with him as well.

Where I sit today is so very different from where I was one year ago. I still sit here, dreading this time of year because Shane isn't here... but things are even more different. Two years ago my world had fallen apart because I lost my brother. One year ago my world began falling apart again because I was losing my best friend. The curve balls that life brings you can suck sometimes.. and sometimes it is so hard to get past it, to move forward. Wanna know what i have learned? You are able to move forward.. but there are still going to be hard times! There are going to be days when the reality hits you that your brother is no longer on this earth anymore or that your best friend will never be that friend again... and those days suck all over again. But the amazing thing is... tomorrow is a new day! I am so thankful to have God on my side... and to know that one day I will hug my big brother again AND that he has that special friend already planned out for me again.

Many changes have come about in my life and it is so hard to think about sometimes. But I have learned to be grateful. To be grateful for my family. I am beyond grateful for these two boys that the Lord has blessed me with. Nate is a wonderful husband who is such a great support to me. He loves our son like you wouldn't believe.. and after almost nine years of marriage, I still love him more each day. I sit in awe of Noah. He is the prime example of perfection to me. I pray that Noah always loves his mommy and always has such a happy, fun attitude! I loooove this kid! I just don't want to ever imagine my life without him. I am also so grateful for my mom, sister, dad step dad, bro in law, and nieces and nephew! All of these people, MY FAMILY, are so special to me. I am so thankful that we work so hard to keep Shane's memory alive...

God is good.. He is so very good to me!

1 comment:

  1. I am that special friend.....it would just be a more special friendship if we lived close! To make bath salts and such together :-( :-)

    ReplyDelete

Looney Tunes ClickN READ Phonics