Wednesday 22 July 2009

Fakuara, Japan

... was totally beautiful. I am constantly at a loss for words by how much that am enjoying Japan. It seems that each time we go camping somewhere, we love it even more than the last time! :) Abbey and Ry did not go with us this time, but they want to go back. This was a nice, quiet time with just my small family. We had a great time. The first day we got there, we set up camp and enjoyed our time there at the beach. We camped right on the beach. We were at the Sea of Japan. I took about 40 pictures in that first afternoon.. :) IT was sooo pretty. Of course, my pictures do it no justice AT ALL! That evening, we climbed up the cliff to watch the sunset. Nate took a picture of Dezi and I... and I didnt like how I looked. Now, when Britt was here, she was constantly cropping pictures- so I wanted to figure out how to do it. Dezi looked cute, so I wanted to crop me out! (for those of you that do not know-Dezi really is our child- therefore, you will see many pictures of her.. and also hear me talk about her as if she really is a person)...

Photobucket

Photobucket

I searched and searched how to do this... and then I found the button: FORMAT! So, I said 'ok.' HOLY COW!!! I deleted all of my cute pictures from our first day. I was heartbroken. We took about four pictures and then called it a night with the pictures. We were going to take more when the sun was out the next day. The next morning we got up with the birds- dont you know that the sun rises around 4am around here... but it was okay. I slept all night listening to the ocean.. and I was ready to get up and enjoy the pure beauty!! :) We got up and cooked bacon and eggs.. and enjoyed a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich. I looked out toward the ocean and there was a seagull sitting on top of a rock. I took a perfect picture with the seagull and the ocean.. then.... ILL BE DANG! My camara quit working. My screen stopped working and was just bright. I bought this camara in December. I was so upset. This is just to pretty of a place not to take pictures! :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Well the camara kept flashing and snapping pictures, so I just kept takin them.. even thought I couldnt see what I was taking! :) Lo and behold-- there were pictures when I got home. Some suck, but we have pictures! :) That day we chose to get in the car and drive... we went to all kinds of places. We went to Juniko Lake and hiked for a while.. kinda preparing ourselves for Friday's hike on Fuji! (Hah.. right) It was really pretty there, the beautiful scenic views we had. Of course, Dezi enjoyed it too.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We left there and stopped at WeSpA! It is an onsen resort. (We actually ended up at that onsen later in the evening).... it had a really large hill that had a walkway all the way to the top! It was marked off where you couldnt actually go to the top anymore! Once we left there we stopped at this neat place I saw.. and Ill be!! They had a cool swimming area in the ocean.. with slides! So cool!!! :) So pretty!

Photobucket

We were driving along and saw a sign that said, OUR TOWN'S "PARK IN THE WOODS" Well.. of course we had to stop! It was so school. Japanese parks are sooo fun though. I am a grown adult, but I always have fun at them. Nate had fun too! Dezi too, we all know she loves to go down slides! :) The parks on base are off limits to dogs, which I think is unfair- because my girl looooves slides! :) Anyways.. when we left there, we headed back to our campground.. we had been out and about for about six hours at this point.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We got back and made sandwiches for lunch and headed out for some snorkling! It was a lot of fun. By the time we finished with that.. we were ready to get clean. The water on the West side of Japan is the clearest I have seen in Japan yet! It was great. Nevertheless, it was salt water though- and I hadnt washed my hair that morning, and if you know me.. you know that is a NO NO! So, we had to get cleaned. We headed back to WeSpA to use the onsen!! :) The onsen water was brown!!! :) I kinda freaked at first.. but it was nice.. It had minerals. I sat in the onsen outside for the longest.. the wind blowing... and the ocean- right there.. imagINE.. Mom, Britt-- imagine!!! :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we came home and enjoyed dinner.. well back to our campground. The next morning we got up and packed our stuff and headed out. It took us four hours to get there and four hours to get back! We had to be back by 1pm because Nathan had an appointment for a tattoo. We made it back in the nick of time! I took care of getting some munchies for our trip to Fuji, which we leave in the morning.. then we took Ab and Wade to dinner.. they are keeping DeziPoo for us while we are gone. So, we leave bright and early in the morninga nd heading to Fuji.

Photobucket

We are tired.. we are thinking about cancelling our Hokodate trip for now and just relaxing! We shall see! Next time you hear from me, we will have climbed Mt. Fuji!! Pray for us!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looney Tunes ClickN READ Phonics