Tuesday 7 July 2009

January

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nate left on January 2nd for his deployment. This was going to be a very long deployment. He spent a month stateside for training and then headed off to his destination in Iraq. I am ever so thankful that the Shaw's brought Dezi with them so that I would have her here while I was without Nathan. It helped more than words can ever say. The day at the airport was emotional. It was very neat to me that Nathan's family was able to be there with him to say goodbye! There is something about military leaving that is just so... emotional.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After we sent the boys off, we headed ice skating off base. I had been introduced to Kim, her husband left with Nate. He is a firefighter- but he works on the different shift. she went with us. This was the beginning of another great friendship. She had been trying for a year to get pregnant. A week after the boys left-- she was SHOCKED to find out she was expecting. It has been very nice being able to bond with her over the last six months and letting our relationship bloom. I am blessed with the friends that I have in Japan.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Late January Abbey and I headed to Aomori City on a Women's Retreat with the women from our church. It was a wonderful time. Ab accepted Christ as her savior and we just had a wonderful time. The snow was very deep in Aomori- and it was truly beautiful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looney Tunes ClickN READ Phonics