Tuesday 8 March 2011

The next 40 Days..

I am not Catholic and I have never did LENT. But I have decided to give something up during the time people do for Lent. However, I dont find giving any sort of food up to be helpful in my walk with the Lord. It doesn't take me long to eat a piece of chocolate or to down a drink. I believe if I am goin to step away from something (FAST) for a period, that time needs to be used to spend in the word.. I need to take away something that consumes a lot of my time.

So.. for the next 40 days I am not going to log onto Facebook. I am doing this for me. I have found myself becoming so consumed with certain things on there, that it isn't good for my soul. I find myself on there at night when I should be in the word... So.. here goes! I know by the end of these 40 days, the amount of time I spend on FB will be very limited.

Have I told you how much I LOVE being a Mommy? It warms my soul. This little boy.. MAN! I love him. He lights up my world. When things seem dark and blue, he makes me smile. I love him. Did I tell you that I am going to stay home with him when I move to Cali? And even better did I tell you HOW EXCITED I AM TO DO THIS?? I can't wait to stay home with him!!!

I love my life... and everyone in it.

2 comments:

  1. Hey...you better be writing about how the fasting is going and what the Lord is showing you! I'm excited to hear about this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how time can change in an instant! The next forty days it will be so easy to stay away from FB considering you just went thru The Great Quake of China, and Tsunami. We truly forget how fast our lives can change. I cannot tell you how I felt when I had no word of you & how you were.I know you can now realize some of it since you are a Mommy. I thank the Lord that you & Noah are safe. Cold & somewhat dirty, doing without the things we take for granted everyday! Lights, heat, the necessities. But still so Thankful y'all are safe! You have no idea yet...of the total destruction around you. I hurt for you in the area because I know you will the sick at heart for the families and communities around you that have lost so much! But yet so Thankful that you , Noah, Kim & Allie and all your friends and extended family are safe.

    I love you & I admire you so much Cass, my sweet wonderful strong daughter! You are amazing & so many times I am in awe of you!

    ReplyDelete

Looney Tunes ClickN READ Phonics