Wednesday 12 October 2011

For Angie..

I found my Wyoming Journal while unpacking the stuff that has been in storage. In the back I found a page where I wrote MEMORIES! Do any of these jog memories for you??

Orientation: Applebee's: nose bleed, cow, pink
Mountain Climbing: Josh
"Remember Me" -- I still can't hear that song without remembering

VBS: Poster in the hall
Aaron and my room
Flyers and Aaron chunking them ???


Milking cows :) Good times, my friend!
Rolling down the hill :) Aww.. Let's do it again one day
Carnival- Shaide
Tubing- burnt
Hot tub with Aaron (OMG?)
Aaron "sick"
Aaron at camp with the boys
Lock in.. little girls -- OMG! Remember how much fun this was!!
Steaks at Mary Turner's
Aaron and Yellowstone (must we remember)
BYBC :)
Prayer times :) Such special times.. although I was always scared at that church
Samantha's salvation
Cards, dominos
Family dinners
Coolaid and Banana Pudding ????
Carrying Josh- 220lbs
Being "Mom" and doing REC Camp
Deanna- 15 yr, ikdm 7mth pregnant (Did she come to camp pregnant??)
Kids never heard of God -- I remember how shocking this was for me
Gwen and Milton and their mom
Shaide and Shadow-- beautiful children
Tree's Rose :):):)
Way home from youth camp- Aaron and Al's TRUCK! OOOOMMMMGGGGosh!
Jeff- Running Away

Ministries:
Super Saturdays
Terrific Tuesdays
TeamKid
VBS
BYBC
CentriKid
Youth Encounter

Favorite Quote:
"I enjoyed my summer in Wyoming, but when I get home... I'M GETTING MY TUBES TIED"

All of this is what was written.. many jog memories.. Others are like.. What?!??

I also found the poem you wrote me.. in the frame still. I have not read this journal yet.. except for that page and this:

August 3, 2002 (Really.. Really... almost 10 years)
4am- What a sad day! As I sat here watching Angie get ready to leave in 30 minutes it breaks my heart. I don't know when I'll ever see her again. Thank you god for her friendship this summer! She has been such a blessing to me. Please lead her and guide her in life. Revive her this week at Glorietta! Thank you, Father!!! 445am- Lord seeing her off was one of the hardest things I had to do. As she got in the car.. crying, I just let her know I loved her and then I came on up to the room and now I am bawling. God, be with us. More so with her. Wrap your arms around her and comfort her. Thank you, Jesus! 730am-The phone rang! Constance and Shane! And what do I do? I had been sleeping for a bit and the phone woke me up and I START BAWLING! I miss Ang! Give me safe travel today, Lord! 1130am-Such a good feeling, sitting here in Casper airport.. knowing that in just a few hours I will see my family. Thank you Lord for taking any anxiety away from me. Mom and Britt called this morning too. It is going to be so exciting to see my family. I miss Ang though. Thank you Lord for my summer. Thank you SO much for bringing me here! I have learned so much. And I prise you for that. I love you Lord. 230pm-In Colorado. I have about an hour here.. then about 2 hours and I will see everyone. I felt so sick on the flight over. But I dozed. It was so sad leaving Wyoming because I don't know ewhen or if I will ever be back. Be with Ang Lord. Help her not to be sad. Bring us back together soon. I miss her. Thank you for the safety to Colorado. Now I just ask for safety back to Texas... Thank you Lord for my amazing summer. I love you, Cass

OHOH! I found this last one stuck in the back:

8.3
Well I am back in the air headed to Dallas. It is so hard for me to believe my summer is over. It just does not seem like I'll never walk through Tree's door and yell 'hey hefer.' Or go into the Bascue's and just hang out--- dinner! I do wonder what it is going to be like tomorrow when I walk into Sand Hill again after 2 and a half months. I sure am missing Angie. She was so good to me! This morning when I hugged her bye she started crying and I told her 'don't cry hefer.' But we knew she would. I held in well all night and morning. But as soon as I turned from her and walked back into Parkway Plaza- I couldn't help but cry. Lord, I miss her. Please be with her. She has been such a great frriend to me! I love that girl! Please watch over her! I can't wait to see mom, britt, shane, and chloe!
Love,
Cass

*Angie's favorite verse: 1 Cor. 10:13*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looney Tunes ClickN READ Phonics