Sunday 8 January 2012

Candy and Color Fun

The teacher in me wants to make sure that my sweet boy has a good, founded education before he starts school- either public or home schooled! As we started working on potty training at 18months old, I had these small baking Reeses pieces... and decided to have some color identification fun with it! 

First I took a piece of paper and drew two lines in it, giving it three columns.

Then I put the colors on top and we talked about what color they were and we matched up each candy with the correct color. 

Can you tell that he loved it. He had so much fun. Oddly enough, my smart little boy- Got.It. You will be surprised what your young one actually comprehends if you model it for them. 


A different day, we did it again. This time I used note cards.... same concept. He loved it. 


When you can't figure out what to do with your munchkin, look in your baking cabinet and see what educational fun can be had! 

-C

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I'm going to try it out with the kiddos. Sams doing well with colors, but the motivation of Candy will help her get them down!

    ReplyDelete

Looney Tunes ClickN READ Phonics