Saturday 14 January 2012

Kids and Veggies

Until recently, I have struggled with getting my little guy to eat his veggies. He was breastfed until twenty months old, so real food really did not interest him. Lately though, he has been eating pretty much anything you put in front of him AND asks for more! :) What a blessing for this mommy. 

But the question always arose- how do I make sure this little guys is getting the nutrients that he needs? Well, I use my juicer. He doesn't get juice often. I never buy it. I don't think he needs all of that extra sugar in his little body... heck, he is already hyper enough! :) I love it. But we love to juice together. And we did this week. 
(I would post more pictures of us juicing together, but some of my daycare kids are in it... and I don't want to put their pictures on my blog.)


We gathered apples, carrots, and celery for our juice this day. We cleaned the fruit and veggies. Then we cut off the edges. Ok, I cut the edges off. The kids had a lot of fun knowing we were going to make our own juice. 


This is what the juicer looked like after we finished juicing. All of the veggies and fruit you see above has now been juiced and that is what was produced, in the cup container. Just enough for three kids cups and two adult cups. YUM!


My little rugrat drinking his juice. Seriously, if you are one of those that said you would get a juicer from nutrition lifestyles, I highly recommend it. It is so great for you, PLUS it is so very fun to juice with your kids. Also, you know exactly what you are giving your child vs all of the store bought juices. Seriously, those can't be THAT great for our little kiddies. 



This was my cup. Hubby had his own as well. It was gone within seconds. We don't add anything else to it, we drink it straight from being juiced. YUM! 


This is the remaining compost. This is my least favorite part about the juicer. I don't really like to clean it, but if you do right away... it literally takes 2-3 minutes to get all of the parts clean. We love our juicer and we try all kinds of different juices... you should try too! 

Don't forget about our GIVEAWAY! We don't have that many entries. Make sure you enter AND tell a friend! 

-C

8 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to get back to the states and get some cheaper fruits and veggies to juice, stuff here is just too expensive to juice these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't wish your time away too fast. It will be over before you know it. Though the transition will be easier for you.. because you will be with family.. It sucks at times. Yes, things might be cheaper. No, it may not snow here.. But Japan held a special place for us- it made us family. Not being there- SUCKS! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try some next time you do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally, Karissa! We can make any kind of juice you want!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What juicer do you have and where did you get it? I am wanting to start using one, I just have no clue what I need to look for... Shawntale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a simple spinning basket juicer Lequip
      www.nutritionlifestyles.com look for XL lequip juicer or mini juicer
      Dixie 888-227-5395

      Delete
    2. I talked to her yesterday and told her to give you a call..

      Delete
  6. Shawntale, mine is a Breville and I actually bought it at Kohls online when I was in Japan. Amazon has them too.. as does nutrition lifestyles.

    ReplyDelete

Looney Tunes ClickN READ Phonics