Tuesday 12 January 2010

Holy Snow!

9 inches of snow since yesterday afternoon. WOW! We are expect to get 3-5 more inches in the next 4 hours too! It is sooo crazy because.. you shovel or clean your car off.. 10 minutes later, you can not even tell. It just keeps coming. It is so pretty. I have not driven in it since last year though-- well I guess most of us have not! This is the best snow Misawa has seen all year. I am glad that I have Nate here to help me shovel it this year though. Last year he was deployed. The Fire Department would come and help-- but depending on who it was.... well, let's just say if it was certain people- I preferred them not coming. It is amazing how much peope do not want to help! :) But it is a good year for him to be here.. because I am pregnant, although Kimmy was preggo last year and she did it!

It is so pretty to watch the snow fall. I wish my snow gear fit! :0 I want to just let my students play in it. Maybe we will at the end of the day. Yes, I think that would be a very nice thing for me to do, don't you.

I can not help when I see the beauty of this snow.. to think that Shane will never see this again/if at all. Mind you we are from East Texas.. he may have seen it when he was in the military, I am not sure. It is hard when I see beautiful things, I eat a great meal, or I do something I enjoy-- beccause my thoughts go to my brother. I have to believe God is letting it snow in heaven too... Shane is experiencing things soooo unimaginable up there. Right? It is amazing how you can be such a firm believer of stuff your whole life, but when something hits you the way this has hit me... well, my faith and beliefs shake! I just wish I was involved in a strong church that had people surrounding me that were able to help me with the struggles that I continue to go through. My family too. I know Britt is involved in a great church and I can only pray that there are people there helping her through this very hard time. Because this time is so hard. But my mom and Greg.. they need a good church. The church they had been attending for over 2 years.. when Shane died, I think it was ONE person that came or called them. That hurts. It really does. I miss my brother.

I have Noah's room set up.. and Nate hung the picture of Shane and Ashtyn in there. It is amazing. I have to look at it as soon as I walk in the room, but it is okay. Like mom and I were talking about last night- sometimes the pictures are okay..Other times you want to break them in anger. I was going through Noah's baby bag last night looking for a couple of things that I can not find... and I found some pictures. Among those pictures is a GREAT picture of Shane and myself. I will have to get it scanned and put on here.. or I might have it somewhere, Ill have to look. It was the last day we were together... but what a great picture.

I listened to his voicemails the other day. It was hard. It is hard to know I will never hear HIM say.. "Hey Cass" or "Hey Sis" ever again. This hurts my heart SO bad. Then I think of our phone calls.. and to think I wont hear him talking to his kids... oh my gosh!!!!!

Well Holy Snow! It is so pretty here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looney Tunes ClickN READ Phonics