Wednesday 27 January 2010

Mistaken Identity Quotes Part 2

These are the last of the quotes from the book Mistaken Identity that really touched me or blessed me in some way:

"Our final encouragement is this: Do not hang on to the things of this world too tightly. Life here is but a vapor and there is an eternity ahead. Consider what God calls us to do: "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destory, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where mtoh and rust do not destory, and where theives do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.-Matthew 6:19-21"

This scripture reminds me of one of mine and Shane's last conversations... which many of you have heard me talk about. Shane was telling me I needed to move closer to home... I was telling him that I have a really good job.. and right now this is what we need.. He went on to tell me that money isnt that important. To my brother- money was not important.. he may not have had a lot.. and may not have had a lot of material things.. but those things were certainly never important to him. My prayer is that I can be more like him in that aspect. He was so giving.

"Death is a result of sin. So this separation that we have from our fellow believers is not how God originally intended it to be. And in that I find two things. First it tells me that it is OK to be sad or even angry about you not being here anymore. And second, I find tremendous hope because God will make things right. He will restore heaven and earth to it's original state of wholeness and He Hiimself, will be at the center and we who believe in Him will all be brought back together."

I am going to steal what my sister wrote on her blog about this quote. We both marked the same quote, but she said it so much better than I ever could.. actually, I dont even think my mind thought like her..:
I think I just realized what heaven will be like, (or a piece of it). When God said He would restore heaven and earth to it's original state of wholeness he meant like before there was sin, when it was first created. Is it true then that the earth God first created for us, that was without sin, was actaully what he will restore it back to? And if that is so, then that means that in the beginning God created earth to be heavenly--he wanted us to live in a perfect place where all we did was worship him--where there was no tragedy, no bad things. But since Adam sinned, then sin created death. But when Jesus returns and we are restored and reunited with our loved ones, we will finally get the chance to live in our perfect paradise that he originally created for us...

Just my thoughts, take 'em or leave 'em.


"I can only imagine what you are experiencing right now. What it's like to be with Jesus. I wish I could just sith with you, maybe over an Applebee's blondie, and aks you all kinds of questions."

I wish I could imagine it. Before Shane died, I could imagine heaven. Now, it seems so far away.. sometimes unreal. Bad to say, yes.. but if I am being truthful, this is where I stand. My faith has become so shaky. Shane would truly be amazed how Britt and I are struggling spiritually right now- because that is how he has known us.. especially BT.

Romans 12:15 "Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn."

I can say right now- that I fully understand why I am in Japan right now. I questioned it a few times, but there are several reasons that I know I am here. God has blessed me with amazing friends, that are like family, over here. I didn't have these relationships in Mississippi. I had good relationships with people, but not like this. These are Godly relationships. If this had happened to me in Mississippi, I would not have had near the support that I have had here.. nor would I have been able to leave Texas- since I was so close. But the support I have recieved from people here has been so amazing... and I know that the Lord has me here for this time in my life for that reason. There are other reasons of course, but that is the most vivid right now!

"Oh no, Not Brad." For several minutes she repeated over and over, "No, Not Brad."

I kept saying this outloud for the whole first day of finding out.. until I made it to Texas. I would literally bust out and say, "No, Not Shane..." I would do it at home, at the airport, in the airplane... until I got to my family and realized.. it was true. But I understand those words and how hard they are to understand.

"Please, Please, wake me up... This is a dream"


I still say this... and I wish I would wake up from this terrible nightmare.

"If she'd had her way, she would have pulled the blankets up tight over her head and not moved. But she knew she had to get up. She had to force her legs over the side of the bed, and she had to force her body to follow their lead, all becuase she knew she had too."

"Oh God, why?" she prayed. "Why does life keep going on when I want it to stop? Whey does it keep going foward when I can't move?"

"The two shared a look and Ruthann knew immediatly what kind of day Susie was having. Her own son Matt had died five years ealier in a car accident not far from camp."


My poor sweet mom. I keep thinking about her. I know she is struggling... and Britt and I are not there to help her. I am so glad that the grandkids are so clsoe and that Constance and Stephanie are so wonderful adn allow her to get them. Those kids make it much easier for her- if that is possible. The kids bring happiness back into her life!!! My poor mom. Please pray for her today.

1 comment:

  1. The post about "O no not Brad..." man I thought that so many times too....I cried the entire ride home except for when I fell asleep for maybe a minute (literally) then I began to weap again....and I would constantly say No not Shane...this isn't real...why? All these things...why him!! It all took over my thoughts....My entire body ached because I could not gain control of my emotions I wept the entire time on that ride home and more when I got to mom...
    Another hard part was when Meguell started calling my closest friends telling them what happened...and when people called him. I couldn't bare to hear the words come out of his mouth...so like when I was a kid I covered my ears so tight so that I would not have to hear it!
    And yes that is something I wrote in my journal....about why wasn't it me....but like me and you talked about...although it has been hard on us I think it would have been harder on Shane. He was already so hurt and broken after Grandpa died, but if it had been one of us I literally do not know if he could have handled it...And although I am struggling in my faith to trust God right now....I still know the truth about God...it is just so hard to understand all of this!

    ReplyDelete

Looney Tunes ClickN READ Phonics