Tuesday 6 September 2011

9lbs of bread,. WHAT?!

Am I going to become the person that turns my blog into the new foods that I cook? NO!! But I am so proud of some of my new recipes.. that I want to share. Today i decided I wanted to make bread. Well... I babysat tonight, so I was a little sidetracked. I started the recipe for 9lbs of bread. I couldn't go back.. not after I used all the honey! :S... so I made 9lbs of bread. Holy Rising Bread!!!



I freak a little.. call the mother in law and we decide I should try to freeze some. She has a friend who has done that and it has worked out well. So I divided my bread into six balls. Froze three... Cooked 2 loaves of bread and one of the balls I turned into cinnamon rolls...





The rolls came out tasting great.. I haven't tasted the bread yet, but i am sure I will tomrrow. I am having TOO much fun cooking. Now I just can't wait to get my wheat grinder from storage.. although after three and a half years, I have a sinking feeling that it isn't going to work anymore. I am tempted to ask the husband to get me one for my birthday.. but there are several things I would like to treat myself to for that day... and I Am not sure which one that I want the most. I want a grinder and a sewing machine pretty bad.. Oh well.. such is life! :)


1 comment:

  1. That is a LOT of bread!!! Don't you just love baking bread? It smells so good!!! and so much better than store stuffs...

    I have a project party every weekend if you want to join here.. http://www.bubblynaturecreations.com/2012/01/vanilla-bean-iced-coffee-and-project.html
    Have a great day!
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Looney Tunes ClickN READ Phonics