Saturday 3 September 2011

I want to be "THAT" mom and wife..


Is it finally happening? Am I finding the time now that we are settled to be "that" wife and mom that I have wanted to be for.. well, forever! I think it might be true. Who would have ever thought that everything my mother-in-law has ever preached to me... from whole wheat, baking my own bread, cooking from scratch... all the way to homeschooling-- would become the desires of my heart? Who would have thought it... ???

Finally after eight years of marriage... I no longer have a job outside of the home. I am currently waiting for California to get up to speed and come inspect our home so I can get my daycare license... but that is just a waiting game with the state. But I get to stay home with Noah! I have joined a veggie 'co-op' where I will get tons of fresh veggies each week!! I am so pumped about this. Our wheat grinder should be here by the end of the month, so I am looking into getting wheat so I can grind it myself. Say goodbye to store bought bread and everything I can make. Tonight I am working hard on homemade bagels.

Yesterday I realized that I love it here. I love my home. I love it all. Do I miss my family, YES! It was so much easier being in Japan.... I didn't really have much of a choice to go home. But they are just RIGHT.HERE... yet still 30 hours away. Makes it hard. Makes me sad I won't see any of the soccer games and such for my brother's kids. I just hope I can see it one day! I miss my family in Japan SOOO much.. but I am learning to live my life here.. without them, as sad as it is. To a normal person, that may not seem like you can do it.. but with the life we live, we do. But I can tell you I made friends that will be my friends FOREVER over there... and will always, ALWAYS be my family.

God has blessed us with a church home already. I am eager to get involved and get to know more people in the church. We are already involved in a small group, which is so nice! I purchased my preschool curriculum today. I hope it is as great as I think it will be. I know I could have wrote my own, but to be honest... I just didn't want too!! As I love life here, I leave you with a couple of pictures... of my new favorite things right now!! COOKING!!!



1 comment:

Looney Tunes ClickN READ Phonics