Wednesday 7 September 2011

I am truly blessed...

I am so thankful for who I am! There are only a few things about me that I am unhappy about- and they can all be fixed. In general I am a very happy person... We move around regularly.. and I love it. Yes, it hurts to leave the amazing family that you make each place you go.. but once you start meeting new people and getting plugged in... it is just such a home feeling! As long as I am with my boys and can get in touch with the family via phone, I am good! :) Although I do wish I was closer. I guess for this season of our life that we aren't meant to be closer to home. Britt, my sister, said it perfectly.. she was really upset we didn't get stationed in Abilene, Texas.. as that was our prayer.. to be living in the same city... but she finally had to come to terms with it and realized.. well maybe God is waiting to send us that way for closer to retirement! :) Happy thoughts!

MY SISTER AND ME!


I still think of Shane, my brother, very often.. like everyday. There are sometimes that I want to call him and tell him something or ask him something.. and I remember I can't. Why can't heaven have a phone? Seriously. I wish more than anything that he could meet Noah. My gosh, he would LOOOVE Noah! And vice verca. One of Noah's new favorite things to say is "Whose dat"... and in Noah's room is a picture of Shane and his son, Ashtyn. I don't even second think it when I answer Noah's pointing finger and sweet 'Whose dat?" to my brothers picture. I tell him "That is uncle Shane.. can you say Uncle Shane?"

THE PICTURE BLOWN UP IN NOAH'S ROOM


What a blessing noah is in my life and the times when I miss Shane the most .. either someone tells me of the resemblance of him and Shane or I see Shane in him. Today I visited with new friends. They know nothing about my brother. They know nothing about me. Well one friend, her BROTHER is visiting this week and she is sooo excited. I am excited for her. I would lie though if I told you that it didn't pain my heart a little when the girls were talking about her brother visiting and how he hasn't seen her boys in a couple of years and hasn't even met the youngest one. It pained me.. because my brother will never meet my Noah on this side of the earth! BUT! I am truly happy for her.

ME AND MY BIG BROTHER-- THE LAST TIME I SAW HIM (day I left for Japan)


I can't wait to meet THAT friend- you know, the one that you can share everything with. The one that you call anytime and they answer. The one that you can just go over and not call before hand. The one that you can walk around the store with for nothing. The one that will drop everything to help you. The one that will keep your kid, or vice verca, when needed. You know the one I am talking about!??! I can't wait to meet that friend here. I see so many potential people! :) I have been blessed to have a couple of those friends in my life. Some of them will FOREVER be that friend, even with the distance! :) God has been so good to me.

MY FAVORITE GIRLIES.. THEY HAVE BEEN WITH ME THROUGH SO MUCH.. AND THEY WERE/ARE THAT FRIEND!

This is my favorite picture.. because it is us in action- where we normally were together: The kitchen.. and i was pregnant.. I loved being pregnant!! It makes me smile.
*UPDATE*was just informed that I am NOT pregnant with Noah in this picture.. hah! It was Easter and Noah had been born the previous Sunday! With that said, I was still super happy... I loved being a Mommy from Day 1*

There seem to be so many thoughts in my head lately! I miss my mom. If you are the praying type, pray for her. She still struggles so bad with losing her first born, her only son. I can only imagine the pain my mom feels. On top of that, things have happened in the past year and a half that are crazily stupid.. but have put a division between my family. I hurt for my mom. She has this hard shell... yea, that must be where I get it from! :) (And I know you will eventually read this, but it is my heart).. I just pray that God breaks that shell... and she can heal. As much as a mom can heal after losing her son. I wish that we all lived SO much closer.. I wish I could be there for her like I need to be. I wish I could be part of those kiddos lives. What an amazing mom. She picked up with what Shane was doing.. and she has his kids when he would have. It is sOOO great for those kiddies, but sometimes so hard. I love my mom. Pleaes, please. just pray for her.

TRIED TO UPLOAD A PIC OF MY MOM. AFTER 2 TRIES AND 10 MINUTES EACH TIME, I GAVE UP. THANK YOU BLOGGER! :(

1 comment:

  1. Well I know I don't live the closest but I hope you know you are always welcome to stop by or call, anytime!

    ReplyDelete

Looney Tunes ClickN READ Phonics